Sunday 23 October 2011

Tebow- The Last Minute Man Or Come Back Guy?

So there you have it. The Broncos just won a football game in Miami for the first time ever. The longest streak in the league for at least getting a score on the board is still in tact. But it sure came close, didn't it. And not before the boredom almost killed us patient Broncos fans.

I'll admit it, I went ahead and had a shower somewhere near the middle of the 4th. I knew I'd hear the cheering if I missed something and to be honest I was feeling an urge to remove my blue and orange. And as luck would have it I missed nothing because we were 41 minutes in to the game before anything happened out there and I was wearing my I Love Broncos hat again long before the game stopped sucking.

But then, Tebow got good looking again.
I heard about that comedian guy,  John Oliver, saying he full on hates Tim. Hates him for thanking God before his offensive linemen. Surely, Tebow is grateful for the rest of the team as well, but that's what religious athletes do... they thank God. Has he never heard of this before? Seriously? Does he hate religious people in general?


I think he may have multiple reasons for loathing Tim.


Not to stereotype Mr. Oliver, and not that I don't find the funny bookish type attractive, nor am I particularly 'in' to jock types for that matter (never have been) but if this were junior high, which one of these guys would envy the other? I am sorry to say, Mr. Oliver, that I would have expected the moronic making fun to come from the jock, and not vice versa. I gotta say. Usually, funny is more my type than God fearing. But this time, it's a toss up. How sad is that?

Anyway, back to football.

If it was drama the Broncos were looking for, this football game had a crappy first act, but in the end Tim Tebow was the star. I mean carrying the score tying ball over into the end zone himself? That's a come back with pizzazz, is what that is! (And I almost never ever use the word pizzazz.)  Yes, Tebow had his time in the spotlight today, but lets not forget the unexpected best supporting actor. Who the heck is Fells?? Well, I'm sure I don't know, and when I'm done writing this i am totally going to Google him, but before I go, I just wanted to say YEAH BRONCOS!!!!!
Oh, and Tim. We all saw you praying that the kick was good, and it's more than likely that Mr. Oliver was grateful for the additional material for his next roast of you, but I for one am thinking that if you get God rooting for the Denver Broncos, well, it sure couldn't hurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment