Wednesday 19 October 2011

Quote from Elway's Rainy World

K, before you read...this child has been a Decorated Sleep Fighter since he was 2 months old.

Me: "Well buddy, what do you want to do?"
Elway: "Go outside and play in my little house?"
Me: "It's REALLY raining Bear, I don't think that's a great idea. It's windy and awful out today."
Elway: "Can I watch a movie?"
Me: "Maybe later. There is only a half hour before nap time. I was thinking Lego or maybe some colouring?"

He's thinking, so he goes into the fridge for the 50th time today... just to look...

Me: "Shut the fridge Bear..... unless.. do you want something more to-"
Elway: "Can you turn off the rain mommy, I want to go outside."
Me: "Elway, we've been over this. Mommy does not control the weather. If I could make it sunny I would, but that would take a miracle."
Elway: "What's a miracle?"
Me: (Walked right into this one) "A miracle is something that happens that is wonderful, and people don't exactly know how they happen. Make sense?"
Elway: "No. How does it happen?"
Me: "I don't know buddy, that's the point. ........ You & Isla are mommy and daddy's little miracles."

Now I've confused him. He almost looks like he wonders what he did.

Elway: (Headed for the couch) "Can I have cheesy popcorn with the movie?"
Me: "I said 'Maybe' and 'Later', Bear. So what's it going to be Lego? Or Colouring? Or What?"
Elway: "Outside! I can make it stop raining in Elway's world Mommy! I'll go play in my house and-"
Me: Elway! I said it's too yucky out! And this isn't Elway's world, it's mine. (Hands on the hips- such a cliche) I'm the boss! So, what's it going to be?
(Drum-roll please...)
Elway: Nap.
Me: (Stunned) Pardon Me??? Uh...OK, Bear. Hop on the potty first OK?
Elway: (Hopping on the potty) You know what mommy? You never have to use the potty in Elway's world.
Me: Sounds awesome..... You know what Bear? This is a miracle :)

And he was asleep within a minute after the story.




No comments:

Post a Comment