Monday 10 October 2011

So Thankful (That's Over)

End of Thanksgiving Monday here... bit of a debacle, but we are all still standing. Yesterday at Granny's a bit of family drama while my babes Isla screamed her pretty little head off all the live long day. Meanwhile, my 3 yr. old runs wild with a pack of cousins in and out of an orchard and around a chicken 'poop' (coop) as my tyke Elway called it. The whole lot of my in law family keeps kind of lovingly chuckling at me for trying so desperately to keep an eye on him. Like that's an impossibility, and so sheltering anyway. And I'm like, he's 3. Yes, 3. So, anyway, he heads away from the crowd, sure, it's potentially only going to be for a second, and I've got Isla in a sling but my husband is right there with me, so I say, 'honey, go after him'... snicker, chuckle, tisk. So I go, Isla in tow, and someone (a drunk uncle of course) has left the barn open, and my son is in the loft, looking like he is going to jump on me. I mentioned my 4 month old is in a sling on me, right? My 3 yr old weigh over 40lbs, and he's like "HI MOM!!!" hyper as all hell thinking about jumping on me! Fortunately, Uncle Don, the soberest one, hears me shriek, "Don't Move!!!!!!" and comes to Elway's rescue... or should I say mine. Ugh!! The 2nd floor of the barn is like a death trap. I didn't breath all the way back to my husband when I was reminded to. I love my husband, and usually we have a very equal loving and awesome relationship. But at that moment... well, I told him calmly, but for my glare, that if I was intuiting danger for our kids, he best heed the warning and 'hop to' in the future. Then I told him we wouldn't even discuss what could have happened ever again.
My question to you today is this:
Now, why in the hell did I go and say that?
Goodnight World, I am going downstairs to give him dirty looks when he's not looking. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment