Friday 21 October 2011

Quotes From Elway's F@!#*ing World

About our Elway.

My husband is 100% Irish. I am half Irish, half German.You can manage the math for what that makes our kids. My son, Elway, is an Aries, like his poppa. He's also a total Alpha Male, extremely large, strong and kinda bossy at times.  He may or may not be the loudest volume of child to ever live, we aren't sure. He's uber smart (bragging a little here but it's very true) and believe it or not this makes for quite the challenge parenting him but I try REALLY hard. He is possibly a tiny bit spoiled too, having been the center of my whole side of the families universe as the first grandchild but I'm trying VERY hard to remedy this. I'm now out of excuses.
Elway is a wonderful loving boy, who also has a temper to be reckoned with.

Recently, I found the exact character to compare him to. He, when angry, is Yosemite Sam.

Most of the time, like Sam, I can't decipher what in the world he is saying. Maybe it's wrong, but when he can't see, we laugh, because, damn it, he's funny.

"Meaniac" - Used mostly on me. I apparently am a maniac meanie quite frequently. "You're a meaniac!!" Is how it usually sounds.
"Siddiot" - Used mostly on his father, who I must agree can be quite a silly idiot. "You siddiot!!" Often not really used in anger, but more jokingly. Dads.
"Shilly" - This is usually an attempt to control rage at a situation. Me: "It's time for bed." Elway: "No Fair!!! This is shh-i-illy!"
"Flickin" - Don't think I need to explain this one. Usually this is just jumbled in within a tirade.
Lastly,
"Baddaddy/ Badmommy" All one word. This one, oddly, is truly a fightin' word from him. Reserved for the grandest fits and most dramatic scenes. They happen often enough that  I just added it to my dictionary.

Time Outs, Time Ins, Consequences, Confiscations, Rewards Charts, etc., etc.,etc..... all are no match for our little Yosemite Sam.







No comments:

Post a Comment