Friday 21 October 2011

2 Poems Ripped From My Soul For One Dumb Guy

I wanted to steal it,
that reserved place in your heart.
I couldn't heal it
Mine had just fell apart.
And now I see the trouble
with living for the security
of a love bubble.
~




I seen you again,
there you were,
on my sleeve.
On my sleeve.
The colours race back
in your face
in my tattoo.
You
branded there,
      and here's from him
            and there's from him
Is anywhere on me left bare?
Is any flesh unmarred by a chance I took to care

I seen you again
& now I miss my skin
not yours.
I don't dare.
There's nothing left of what I saw when I painted you.

I wore you well.
I wore you well.

You.
My tattoo,
you left me naked as the day I was born
My favorite thing I've ever worn.

Thanks for seeming
somewhat torn.
~

No comments:

Post a Comment