Tuesday 15 November 2011

Quotes From Elway's World- An Early Visit!!

I always wake about a minute before the first "Mommy!!" of the day. This morning, his voice was still sweet but a little stressed coming down the hall in the darkness.

Elway: Mommy!!! I think you better come see this!
Me: (Whisper yelling.)  Coming Bear..................
What is it Honey?

I can't see a thing as his room is darker (intentionally) than the rest of the house.


Elway: (Whispering) Momma. Do you see this? Someone was in my room!!
Me: What? No one was in your room Honey.
Elway: Yes they were!! It was snowing, so Santa came, but he didn't leave me a present! He just took my pillow, Mommy!! For his sleigh!!

I have been feeling around for my fluffy, blond, bedhead, and now I hold a foot. I reach for the lamp now-

Elway: See Momma, it's hard... NO PILLOW!!

I turn on the light and he is upside down with his head pushed against the foot-board.

Me: I spin him upright and hug him, scrambling up his blankets, which are everywhere.

Elway: Is it Christmas, Mommy?
Me: No Honey. December 25th. There are 15 days left in November... then 25 in December before Santa comes... See your pillow? Right here.
Elway: (Dismayed) December 25th?

I hug him more rubbing the chill off his arms.

Me: You're cold.
Elway: That's cause it was snowing!! Maybe Santa left my pillow... but put me upside down???
Me: Maybe.... probably checking in to see if you've been a good boy.
Elway: I have been today!!
Me: (Laughing) You just woke up!
Elway: Well he shouldn't have left me upside down with no blankets.
Me: Especially not when it is snowing... I will have to have words with him about that!
Elway: Send him a text.

I had to run and hug him after writing this down just now!! Christmas is for kids... but that's what makes it magical for parents!!




No comments:

Post a Comment