Saturday 5 November 2011

Quotes From Elway's World- Rihanna Where U At?

Okay. Sometimes my son just slays me!

After rising from his nap today, the blue eyed Bubba is very groggy, and doesn't want to 'do any-fing!!'

I am trying to cheer him up as I am getting him dressed to go outside and play, and I turn on the iPod, find my workout/dance playlist, and crank it up. Shuffle selects Umbrella, and I start dancing super silly to make him smile.

Elway: Mommy, you are silly, and I don't care if it's sunny, I don't want to put my shoes on.

I do not respond except to pick him up and 'hug-boogie' with him. He is kicking at me to put him down... so reluctantly, I do.

Elway: Momma, stop dancing! Just because it's sunny, I don't have to go outside and play..
Me: Bear, yes you do. There are only so many sunny warm days left this year, we should go out and enjoy the weather while we can!
Elway: Can you turn off the music?
Me: No! I want to dance! Im in a happy mood!
Elway: I'm not. I just want to play Army Men in Elway's World.

The chorus starts and I am uncontrollably singing along.

Elway: Mommy stop singing!
Me: N-O, I am happy and I feel like singing and you can't stop me.

Sometimes I can't help but match his maturity level.

I get his shoes on and he isn't actually bothered at the idea of going outside anymore in the slightest. He's just keeping up the charade for... I don't know? His own amusement, perhaps?

Me: Come on Bubba!! Dance with Mommy! I put on your dancing shoes!
Elway: These are my Lightening McQueen sneakers, not dancing shoes (cracking a smile). Well, I will dance with you Mommy, but not to this song.
Me: How come?
Elway: I don't want to listen to your crazy singer who thinks she needs an umbrella in the sunshine!?!
Me: (LMAO) You are hilarious!!
Elway: (Mocking the song. Like, duh?) Uh-uh-eh-eh... NO!! It starts with a 'U' Mommy! Even I know that!!
Me: Of course you do! Get outside now, and I will pack up Isla and be out in a minute. (It's a fenced in yard)
Elway: You can just leave Isla in here.
Me: ELWAY.....
Elway: Just kidding Momma!



PS. I showed him the picture I punked from http://www.clubzone.com and Elway says, that's who wants an umbrella Mommy? She's cute! She can have ours.






No comments:

Post a Comment