Tuesday 22 November 2011

Quotes From Elway's World - He's Full Of One Liners Today

A friend of mine posted in our Mom Network on Facebook that she was patiently awaiting the end of the Terrible Twos. Oh... just wait I told her!! Age three seems to be when they turn into verbose, opinionated, hilarious, but exacerbating three's!! Thank goodness for the hilarious part...


We cannot find the remote, and it is "finally" time for a show.

Elway: You lost it Mommy!!
Me: I didn't have it last, Daddy did. (All true.)
Elway: Then Daddy is positively wicked fired!

Yes. That is what he said exactly.

______________________________________________________________________________


Having dinner.

Elway: Mommy?? Where is the rest?
Me: The rest of what?
Elway: I need some cheese.
Me: For your chicken?
Elway: For Jerry.
Me: Who is Jerry?
Elway: Hello? He's a mouse. That is why I need the cheese!

_______________________________________________________________________________


Earlier on we were drawing and Elway ran out of ideas after his octopus (which is totally going on my wall).

Elway: I don't know what to make.
Me: Make what ever you like.
Elway: What I like makes me happy.
Me: Yes.

This is what he did. 


_________________________________________________________________________________



After that, I had to go get the camera. Still he wanted something to create. I suggested a sandwich, then returned to putting away some laundry. 

Elway: MOMMY!! I made a sandwich!!!
I grabbed my camera and came in to find this,


He thinks he is pretty darn funny.

____________________________________________________________________________

Earlier still. My daughter was chewing on a toy that used to be his, causing him a little sibling rivalry that I had my eye on. I left the room for 2 seconds to get water for him at his request and heard something that sounded an awful lot like the toy flying across the room, and then Isla was wailing, and then Elway's little feet ran back across the room.

Me: Elway? What happened?
Elway: The toy is over there and she's sad.
Me: And how did that happen?
Elway: It was the wind.
Me: There is no wind inside the house. Wind only happens outside. 
Elway: Not in Elways World!! It's always windy inside in Elway's World!!!
Me: (Containing all jokes involving Elway's wind- because of course he will remember and use them when I don't want him too!) Did you take the toy from your sister?
Elway: No Mommy, there was a train that went by...
Me: Elway! There was no train! No wind. Now get the toy and give it back to Isla. 
Elway: I can't.
Me: And why not?
Elway: I am stuck to the floor with glue. 

Irritated now. I go and pretend to un-stick his feet. 

Me: Now go and give her that toy back. You need to share! (He hasn't like the toy since he was her age)
Elway: No. This is mine! And I did share with her!!
Me: What did you share, honey?
Elway: I let her play with the train!!

Yes... he meant the one in Elway's World. And I am nursing my daughter, so I can't even drink. 

No comments:

Post a Comment