Monday 7 November 2011

Broncos Beat The Raiders


                                          


Na-na, Na-na, Na-ner!
Alright, now that that burst of immaturity is out of the way.
At first yesterdays game didn't look like it was going to be something I could stand to watch all the way through. My boys looked sluggish, they did. My husband threatened to give up and throw on a different game, but that would of course be shameful, so we did no such thing.
And thank goodness for patience. Here is what happened in Oakland.

An 85 yard punt return from Eddie Royal was the tie-breaking score. Willis McGahee ran for 163 yards. He had a 60-yard touchdown run that tied the game, and a 24 yarder to make things clear.
We held back the Raider's offense through the 4th quarter, not allowing them to do any more damage. The final score was 38-24 for the Broncos in Oakland.

And so, with Tim Tebow as starting QB we have now won two of three games. Tebow played a good running game but used his arm enough to keep Oakland earning their keep, airing out TD's to Eric Decker and Willis McGahee. He rushed for 117 yards on 12 carries and I guess it never became neccessary, because I didn't see him on bended knee once.

You might have guessed I have something to say about this whole Tebowing business.

Plainly, simply, it really bothers me, that his demonstration of faith has been news worthy. Since when are athletes not visibly religious out on the field or ice or wherever they flex. If I had a nickle for every time I've seen a ball player cross himself, I'd be sitting pretty. I do not understand, why the media made an issue over the praying in the first place, but more over, why everyone, fans included, ran with it. Tones both derogatory, and endorsing, have been used to voice the term "Tebowing". Now, I am not even a religious person, per se, but re-naming the act of 'prayer' after a football player seems a little sacriligious, don't you think?

Anyway, all restored faith in Tebow aside, Im so glad we beat the Raiders, that I found this fab decal pictured here at http://broncosarebest.blogspot.com and I am joining this blog today!
GO-O-O-O BRONCOS!!!

If you have a minute, check out the rest of my article http://www.squidoo.com/tebow-is-now-qb-for-the-denver-broncos Tx. Love You All

No comments:

Post a Comment