Thursday 24 November 2011

The Unintentional Weight Loss Plan

I just figured out something interesting. Seeing as how I haven't quite enough time to fit a consistent workout into my daily routine, I am going to lose weight by being creatively lazy. Are you ready for this? Here is how.

It started out that was trying save money and still feed my carrot addiction. I have admitted to my problem but am not ready yet to quit.
(If you didn't read about check out http://merstarr.blogspot.com/2011/10/carrot-addiction-seriously.html where I explain the whole situation.)

 I had the thought that it is much cheaper to buy the big bag of whole carrots and cut them myself, than to buy embarrassing amounts of the bags of baby cut carrots. Rocket science, I know. So I got them home and as always, dove in. When I am out of carrots, there is always an urgency.

I was all proud of myself saving money that first day, and so it all felt very satisfying, especially the carrot part. But after the glow wore off, the chore of chopping the carrots grew tiresome. I discovered I disliked the prep-work involved intensely actually.

Cutting carrots is very annoying. They are rolley, and hard to cut at all, nevermind uniformly. Not to mention I suddenly had to bear witness to the imperfections of the vegetable. The little hairs? The stems that seem to bleed green into the whole end of the carrot? What an eye opener! Not just to the truth about carrots, but to my own snobbery. One more beef about the carrots was that the act of chopping them is very loud. No more sneaking into the fridge to grab a few and crunching as quietly as possible while the kids are sleeping. Now I may as well have a habit of slamming doors for how discreet I can be.

It is all very sad. But really, has more than halved my carrot intake. Which also means I am eating substantially less dip!

And that's when it hit me.

If I buy things I have to make myself to eat, perhaps I will be too lazy to make them and therefore wont have them to eat. This sounded good, but then I realized that it would waste money, and I won't do that, so I would have to go one step further.

I decided  I am going to blog all my recipes in my Mrs.F's Favorite Apron.  The act of writing will eat into my already very limited time for baking and cooking. Plus, I will hardly be able to blog about chopping carrots all the time, or get stuck on any one food, like perhaps Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies, which incidentally I will be baking tomorrow so look for the blog (My Cookies Rock).  No, I will need variety for the blog, so I will have to make things like Arugula Salad, which will be my dinner tonight! Do you see the method to my madness here?

Now there are yet a few glitches I need to work out. If I bake a whole batch of cookies, I will want to eat them, and that's not good... so I will bring at least half of them to our next playdate, and plan treats around events in the future as well! Problem solved and with an added bonus of everyone being happy I brought treats!

Another issue... if I am spending extra time in front of the computer typing up recipes, well my but won't exactly be melting away, will it??..... So, I will walk to the store especially to buy ingredients everyday. Lovely. We always walk Jim to work in the morning, so we will just add an afternoon stroll to the program.

There you have it. I can't think of any other problems with the plan. Except that I do so miss my baby carrots still...

Perhaps since I am going to be such a good girl with this new plan, I can treat myself to the baby cut carrots again. And now that I am in a great mood, I am off to make Arugula Salad dressing :)



No comments:

Post a Comment